POSITION: Sexual Health Intern
LOCATION: Providence, RI
STATUS: Fall intern
ABOUT US: Sojourner House (www.sojournerri.org) is a comprehensive domestic violence and sexual assault agency that provides residential, educational, and community-based interventions to families and individuals impacted by abuse. We have offices in Providence and Woonsocket, and programs that operate statewide. Our goal is to help our clients rebuild their lives, piece by piece, through a variety of services and to teach people about healthy relationships, safer sex and the power dynamics that contribute to abuse in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helping to develop and reviewing sexual health materials, presentations, tool kits
- Assisting with outreach and promotion of the sexual health program
- Training on HIV/HCV testing and then assisting with testing events
- Data entry and record keeping through REDCap
- Co-facilitate workshops with the Sexual Health Coordinator
- Recruiting and planning for the SA survivors support group
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working towards a degree program at a university in Public Health, Gender and Women’s Studies, Sociology or related courses of study
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement and submit a clean background check (BCI)
- Attend onboarding training which counts towards total internship hours
TBD – part time during business hours.
Please send (1) a resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) contact information for two separate professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SH Intern” as the subject line.