POSITION: Senior Director of Community Programs
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director of Programs
LOCATION: Providence, RI
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: Starting at $90,000 annual salary. Access to Sojourner House’s employee benefits which include paid holidays, accrued paid leave time, health/dental insurance, a 401(k) plan and employer match, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), life insurance, and long-term disability insurance.
ABOUT US: Sojourner House is a comprehensive victim services agency that provides crisis intervention services, shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing, clinical counseling, immigration advocacy, community-based programs, education prevention programming, a growing housing development program, and other supportive services to individuals and families impacted by abuse. Our mission is to promote healthy relationships by providing culturally sensitive support, advocacy, housing, and education for victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking; and to effect systems change. Our organizational values are rooted in commitment, innovation, trust, and empowerment. The agency has grown from a small, grassroots organization into a robust statewide agency with an $8 million annual budget and over 50 full-time employees across multiple locations. To learn more about our work, please visit www.sojournerri.org. We are also active on social media at @sojournerri.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Director of Community Programs plays a vital role in leading and overseeing Sojourner House’s inclusive community programs that provide direct services to clients and educational resources to the community. Collaborating with the Executive Director, Deputy Director of Programs, and the senior management team, the Senior Director will be responsible for overseeing and managing the agency’s diverse community-based programs. This includes the Drop-In Center, MOSAIC (maternal health) program, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program, Sexual Health and Sexual Assault programs, and education and school-based advocacy programs. The Senior Director will also contribute to building a collaborative and interconnected agency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to the Director of Education, working closely with the Education Manager and the education team. Ensure the delivery of high-quality education and prevention programs and services while prioritizing inclusivity. Develop a sustainable plan for further growth of these programs.
- Directly supervise the MOSAIC (maternal health) Intervention Coordinator and the MOSAIC Training Coordinator. Ensure the delivery of high-quality services and training related to domestic violence and maternal health to our clients and community partners, complying with grant contracts. Foster partnerships with the Rhode Island Department of Health and other community organizations working in maternal health to enhance programming, services delivery, and the recognition of the impacts and effects of intimate partner violence and maternal health.
- Provide direct supervision to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Program Manager, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to survivors in the deaf and hard of hearing community. Achieve program goals while maintaining compliance with grant requirements.
- Supervise the Manager of Drop-In Services, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to our diverse community clients, including support group clients. Collaborate on developing new and innovative programming and services for community clients. Ensure grant compliance and facilitate the creation of action and safety plans.
- Provide direct supervision to the Sexual Health Advocate and work closely with the HIV Team to deliver high-quality, confidential services to clients. Provide information on the connections between intimate partner violence and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs). Collaborate on developing programming and services for survivors of sexual assault in the community.
- Support, train, and foster professional development opportunities for all staff members, promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Exemplify professionalism for staff members and create opportunities for their professional growth, ensuring an inclusive and empowering work environment.
- Collaborate with the Manager of the Drop-In Center to ensure adequate coverage of the hotline and center. Streamline the intake process for efficiency, considering diverse client needs.
- Stay informed about program requirements as stipulated by funders and effectively communicate program changes to all client service program staff, embracing diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Monitor and ensure proper implementation of program policies, taking into account diverse perspectives. Recommend and develop new policies as needed to foster inclusivity.
- Represent Sojourner House at public events and speaking engagements as necessary, showcasing the organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Contribute to enhancing the agency’s visibility through outreach to diverse communities.
- Assist the Finance Director and Executive Director in developing program budgets, ensuring resources are allocated equitably to support diverse programming. Monitor adherence to those budgets.
- Assist with the development of program proposals to potential funders. Collaborate with the Deputy Director of Philanthropy and/or grant writer to incorporate diversity and inclusivity in grant proposals or event sponsorship solicitations.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts and solicitation of donations to support Sojourner House’s community programs, ensuring equal access and support for diverse communities.
- Fulfill other duties as requested by Sojourner House management, embracing diversity and flexibility.
- Experience managing programs and supervising staff members, valuing diverse perspectives and promoting inclusivity.
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of domestic and sexual violence, human trafficking, and patterns of abuse across diverse communities.
- Knowledge of available resources in the Rhode Island community for victims of violence who are also undocumented, advocating for inclusive support.
- Bilingual language skills strongly preferred but not required, recognizing the value of multilingualism in serving diverse populations.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with cultural sensitivity.
- Familiarity and comfort in delivering trainings that embrace diversity and inclusivity.
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment with clients who are in crisis and often lack basic human needs, valuing empathy and cultural competence.
- Support Sojourner House’s philosophy of client empowerment and respect for individual choices, honoring diverse experiences.
- Applicants are required to have a reliable car and valid insurance, ensuring accessibility for diverse communities.
- Applicants must pass a background check, upholding safety and inclusivity for all.
If you’re a mission-driven professional with a passion for community development and affordable housing, we would love to hear from you. Apply today and join us in shaping vibrant communities for a brighter tomorrow. Email your resume to email@example.com
Sojourner House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To learn more about Sojourner House’s work, please visit: www.sojournerri.org.