POSITION: Communications Intern
LOCATION: Providence, RI or Remote
STATUS: Fall intern
ABOUT US: Sojourner House (www.sojournerri.org) is a comprehensive domestic violence and sexual assault agency that provides residential, educational, and community-based interventions to families and individuals impacted by abuse. We have offices in Providence and Woonsocket, and programs that operate statewide. Our goal is to help our clients rebuild their lives, piece by piece, through a variety of services and to teach people about healthy relationships, safer sex and the power dynamics that contribute to abuse in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help to promote community trainings and upcoming events, including the 13th Annual Masquerade Ball
- Use graphic design platforms (primarily Canva) to create outreach materials for a variety of Sojourner House programs.
- Develop youth focused social media content to educate community members about our issue areas
- Assist the Communications Manager with website management and updates
- Update and upgrade Sojourner House brochures by collaborating with staff from various programs
- Work with the Communications Manager to organize resource materials for easy staff and community access
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working towards a degree program at a university in Communications, Writing, Marketing, Public Relations, or Graphic Design
- Attention to detail and clear written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement and submit a clean background check (BCI)
- Willing to attend onboarding training which counts towards total internship hours
TBD – part time during business hours.
Please send (1) a resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) contact information for two separate professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Comm. Intern” as the subject line.