POSITION: Clinical MSW Intern (Second Year)
LOCATION: Providence, RI or Remote
STATUS: Fall intern
ABOUT US: Sojourner House (www.sojournerri.org) is a comprehensive domestic violence and sexual assault agency that provides residential, educational, and community-based interventions to families and individuals impacted by abuse. We have offices in Providence and Woonsocket, and programs that operate statewide. Our goal is to help our clients rebuild their lives, piece by piece, through a variety of services and to teach people about healthy relationships, safer sex and the power dynamics that contribute to abuse in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This role may include office based, community based, and home based counseling and on-site support group facilitation.
- The intern will maintain a trauma informed approach to all service provision
- The Intern will provide individual, family, and group counseling to our clients who are survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking
- The Intern will complete a biopsychosocial assessment for each client
- The Intern will develop a treatment plan for each client to be reviewed quarterly
- The Intern will keep up to date on documentation to include progress notes and client support letters
- The Intern will attend trainings and staff meetings or case collaboration meetings as needed/requested
- The Intern will abide by all ethical and legal standards required of licensed social workers by state and federal statute
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Clinical Director
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- In a MSW program at a local university
- The ideal candidate will have experience in trauma informed approach, as our clients have all experienced some form of interpersonal violence and frequently display symptoms of complex trauma
- A background in clinical case management services and knowledge of local resources would also be helpful in this role
- We are a fast paced organization, so it would also be a benefit for the candidate to be an experienced and adaptable multitasker.
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement and submit a clean background check (BCI)
- Attend onboarding training which counts towards total internship hours
TBD – part time during business hours.
Please send (1) a resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) contact information for two separate professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MSW Intern” as the subject line.