POSITION: Accounting Intern
LOCATION: Providence, RI
STATUS: Fall intern
ABOUT US: Sojourner House (www.sojournerri.org) is a comprehensive domestic violence and sexual assault agency that provides residential, educational, and community-based interventions to families and individuals impacted by abuse. We have offices in Providence and Woonsocket, and programs that operate statewide. Our goal is to help our clients rebuild their lives, piece by piece, through a variety of services and to teach people about healthy relationships, safer sex and the power dynamics that contribute to abuse in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn real world accounting policies and procedures
- Hone your QuickBooks skills
- See how non-profit accounting differs from corporate accounting.
- General office duties
- Transaction matching
- Data entry of basic Accounts Payables
- Other general accounting duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be working towards a degree in accounting or related field
- Sophomore level accounting
- Experience in Quickbooks
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement and submit a clean background check (BCI)
- Attend onboarding training which counts towards total internship hours
TBD – part time during business hours.
Please send (1) a resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) contact information for two separate professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Acct. Intern” as the subject line.